Harmful Sexual Behaviour Among Children and Young People
Date: 18th October 2016
Category: Children in conflict with the law
Author: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
This guideline covers children and young people who display harmful sexual behaviour, including those on remand or serving community or custodial sentences.
It aims to ensure these problems don't escalate and possibly lead to them being charged with a sexual offence. It also aims to ensure no-one is unnecessarily referred to specialist services.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- Multi-agency approach and universal services.
- Early help assessment.
- Risk assessment for children and young people referred to harmful sexual behaviour services
- Engaging with families and carers before an intervention begins.
- Developing and managing a care plan for children and young people displaying harmful sexual behaviour.
- Developing interventions for children and young people displaying harmful sexual behaviour
- supporting a return to the community for 'accommodated' children and young people.
- More information and access to the guidelines here.