Reporting to the United Nations
Date: 2nd August 2022
Category: Scotland-specific monitoring and reporting, Reporting to and monitoring the UNCRC
A big thank you to all our members, children and young people for their responses to our recent survey on urgent issues which effect children and young people in Scotland. Your responses will help us write a report to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, highlighting what the Scottish and UK governments should be doing to better respect, protect and fulfil children’s rights.
Key themes included:
- Child poverty, food insecurity and the cost-of-living crisis;
- Discrimination against particular groups of children, including girls and young women, LGBT, disabled and Care-Experienced children;
- Education, including access to inclusive education;
- Mental health;
- Participation in decision making, including barriers faced by early years and young children, those with quiet voices and non-verbal children;
- Access to justice;
- Early years services and provision, including access to high quality childcare.
Your responses will help us plan a series of thematic events to be held this autumn. These will involve a deeper dive into some of the key issues highlighted in the survey. Keep following our e-newsletter and social media channels for updates.
The deadline to send our report to the UN Committee is 15th December 2022.